The housing industry holds annual awards to recognise home builders who are known for producing high-quality work and who are a cut above their competitors. The Housing Industry Association Awards (HIA) and the Master Builders Association Awards (MBA) are the two main events.
It is critical to find someone whose level of service is constantly improving and who can design creative homes with higher finishes and more bonus features. A home that has been completed and customised to the homeowner’s specifications is unquestionably at the top of everyone’s wish list when it comes to building a new home.
The following are some of the qualities to look for when you are searching for a homebuilder who upholds the high HIA standards and morals.
There will be several conversations between you and your home builder before the foundation for your home is laid. The right home builder will listen to their customers’ ideas and concerns while also providing viable solutions that work. A builder should assist the client in every way, especially cost-saving tips when building your new home. The right builder would give their client the option of customising their home to meet their current needs.
2. QUALITY HOME BUILDERS HAVE A SOLID TEAM WORKING UNDER THEM
When it comes to experience, there is no room for compromise; in fact, it is regarded as one of the most valuable assets that a builder can possess. It is critical to have a team of Builders with a diverse set of skills, especially if the project is to be completed successfully. Sometimes all it takes is a single experienced hand to make all the difference.
3. HONEST WITH A STRONG SENSE OF INTEGRITY
Any builder who fails to deliver on their promises will not be able to survive in the construction industry. Because building a home is a significant financial and emotional investment, it all boils down to the clients’ level of trust in their builders. That is why we maintain a high HIA standard to ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our service.
4. BUILD HOMES ACCORDING TO THE HIGHEST STANDARDS OF QUALITY
A company that exceeds industry standards is someone who will deliver on their promise and build quality homes for their customers. In fact, building a home is a serious business, which means that the builder must work a little harder to ensure that everything goes as planned and that their clients’ dreams come true.
Our team at OJ Pippin Homes is committed to providing each and every client with the highest quality customer service and building standards. If you’re looking to build your dream home, get in touch with our Brisbane home builders and we’ll be happy to help in any way we can.
5. JUDGEMENT CRITERIA FOR HOME BUILDERS
It should be noted that the HIA customer service awards are chosen by customers rather than industry officials. The MBA customer service awards are no exception. The criteria for each of these awards are as follows.
THE HIA SERVICE AWARD CRITERIA
- Providing assistance throughout the design process
- Easy going and helpful
- Complete professionalism during the whole supervision process
- Good communication skills during the project
- Proper contract and documentation
- High standard of quality control
- Attention to detail during maintenance and repair
- Adherence to the standard set by the building industry
- Proper management of customer service with attention to complaint handling procedures
THE MBA SERVICE AWARD CRITERIA
- Uses high quality products and provide valuable information before and after the building process
- Excellent communication skills
- Provide consultation on phones as well
- Serious about quality control
- Work according to the industry standards
- Great customer service
Receiving an award by the industry leaders can be a wonderful experience but getting recognition from your clients is more rewarding for any builder. Knowing that they have helped clients build their dream home can be a humbling experience.
Are you thinking about building your dream home but aren’t sure if you’re ready? We outline when you might be ready to build your first home so you can be certain about the decision.